Job title: Projects lead
Employment type: Preferably full time, permanent position
Expected start time: January 2023 or earlier.
Salary: 4100€/month + benefits. Benefits may depend on, e.g., location and possibly later on performance.
Location: MyData Global’s office is in Helsinki but the position can also be remote as long as there is the ability to be in Helsinki, Finland and/or Tallinn, Estonia in person at minimum once per month. Sustainability considerations of possible associated travel will be a factor, i.e., the preference is for a location that will not require frequent air travel.
Application deadline: We will begin interviewing suitable candidates on a rolling basis. However, please send your application latest by 20 November, 2022.
More information about MyData Global
MyData Global is an award-winning international nonprofit based in Helsinki, Finland. The purpose of MyData Global is to empower individuals by improving their right to self-determination regarding their personal data. The MyData Declaration outlines the paradigm shifts and the principles that are needed to make this a reality.
MyData Global has over 100 organisation members and nearly 400 individual members from over 50 countries, on six continents. We facilitate the 4000+ strong MyData Global community working on the ethical use of personal data. As part of our ecosystem development work, we organise the MyData Conferences on human-centric personal data management.
MyData is a human-centric approach to personal data that combines industry needs for data-driven innovations with strong digital human rights. When the sharing of personal data is based on trust as well as on a balanced relationship between the individual and organisations, it benefits individuals, businesses and the society at large. MyData is featured in the European Data Strategy presented by the European Commission in February 2020.
Role and responsibilities
The Projects lead leads the development of the organisation’s projects portfolio and ensures excellent management of the individual projects.
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of operations to seek synergies between the project portfolio and the organisation’s overall activities. Further, you collaborate with the Director of sales and business development concerning fundraising activities through projects.
As a valued staff member, you will participate in the regular team meetings and contribute to the overall activities of the organisations, based on need and availability.
Key requirements (qualifications and skills)
Excellent project manager and leader
- 4+ years of international project management experience, preferably in EU-funded projects (Digital Europe, Horizon and Erasmus+) or similar complex multi-stakeholder projects
- Financial administration expertise regarding international project funding, especially related to the financial reporting to the European Commission, is a significant advantage
- Successful proposal writing experience will be considered as an advantage
Proactive, independent and inclusive team player
- Proactive attitude to finding solutions to challenging situations
- Understanding of MyData Global’s inclusive community approach and ability to leverage the network for successful projects delivery
- Team player attitude
- Experience, skills and attitude to work with multidisciplinary, multicultural and virtual (online) teams
- Full professional proficiency in English required. Professional Finnish is considered an advantage, all other languages a plus.
- Experience in working in nonprofit sector is an advantage.
- Substance expertise from related topics to data policy, data economy and data literacy is an advantage.
- Prior involvement in or understanding of MyData an advantage.
Inquiries and applications
Please send any inquiries and applications including a cover letter and a CV to Sille Sepp, Director of operations at MyData Global: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will begin interviewing suitable candidates on a rolling basis. However, please send your application latest by 20 November, 2022.