Organised by MyData Events and Services with support by MyData Global and Partners.
MyData Online 2022 conference takes place on October 27! Building on the MyData 2022 conference in June in Helsinki, this event presents global perspectives on personal data. The programme features two 4-hour blocks to suit various time zones. Topics include smart cities, data governance, data spaces, children’s data rights, and more. In addition to inspiring keynotes and interactive sessions focusing on use cases and thought leadership, there are also networking and pitch sessions. Welcome!
MyData Online 2022 brings together stakeholders representing Business, Legal, Tech and Social perspectives, because they are all equally important for accelerating human-centric policies and their practical implementation.
If you are a business leader, CDO, CIO, CTO, CPO, policy maker or a policy shaper, DPO or legal expert, digital transformation expert, business development professional, privacy or data protection advocate, cloud architect, or/and data enthusiast – this is the event for you!
The conference is free to attend so we can reach a wide audience. However, we would appreciate your support, and thus provide alternatives (0€, 49€, or 99€) to support our global event production.
*Program schedule is subject to change.
The First block: Asica-Pacifec & Europe Focus
Welcome + Introduction
Keynote by Kohei Kurihara, Privacy by Design Lab
What does business need to consider designing privacy Into practices?
|Use cases in smart cities|
– Host: Michael Mulquin, Open & Agile Smart Cities
– Digitalization and smart cities in Japan. Takehiko Nagumo, Smart City Institute Japan
– Ecolyo, a tool to manage your energy consumption. Myriam Jégat, Métropole de Lyon
*This session is hosted by the H3C: Human-centric companies and cities project (H3C). H3C is co-funded by the Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council from the sum allocated for the purpose of buttressing sustainable growth and vitality in the regions.
|EU Data Act, Data Governance Act & personal data intermediaries |
– Host: Viivi Lähteenoja, MyData Global
– The best data innovation board for Europe. Antti ‘Jogi’ Poikola, Sitra
– What opportunities and threats those new acts bring. Tobias Bräutigam, Bird & Bird Attorneys Ltd.
|Where is business in data spaces?||Data, indigenous people &|
|– Host: Esther Huyer, Capgemini Invent|
– Economics and business in the data economy. Richard Stevens, IDC
– Swiss Tourism Dataspace, André Golliez, Swiss Data Alliance
– Data spaces and market adoption, Christoph Mertens, IDSA
|– Host: Pyrou Chung, East West Management Institute|
– Indigenous knowledge and data sovereignty, Pirawan Wongnithisathaporn, Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact
– Data governance and sustainability : learning from indigenous community. Juliana Harsianti, Global Voices Indonesia
– Children online safety for indigenous peoples, Dixon Siu, Fujitsu Limited
|Pitch track 1:|
use cases and practices
|Pitch track 2: infrastructure and enablers|
|–Digital capsules for life. Pam Moorhouse, My Life Capsule|
– Decentralised human-centric health data space infrastructure for diabetes care. Lal Chandran, iGrant.io (Sweden)
–Liberate the neighborhood data with Superhood. Markku Mehtälä, Superhood.
– GDPR: Problem or opportunity.
Vihtori Lehtonen, Missing-Link Oy
–Secure data sharing with confidential cloud. Nicolae Paladi, CanaryBit
– Age verification to preserve privacy. Colin Brown, Capability Brown / Yoti
– Medical mandates & inheriting made easy by SSI Trust Framework & The development of a certificate of inheritance in SSI format. Leon Roseleur & Roeland Euwens, Davinci Consulting
– MyData Operator interoperability with consent receipts. Mikael Rinnetmäki, Sensotrend Oy & Crt Ahlin, Datafund.
|– Data protection tool for SMEs. Veera Seaman, TIEKE Finnish Information Society Development Centre|
– Recover, understand & leverage your data. Paul-Olivier Dehaye, Hestia.ai
–Flipping the concept of who owns the digital therapy room. Geoff Revill, Safe Space One
– Collaboration is the future of data sharing. Ruben Lasuy, Datavillage.
– Introduction to the DCDR Framework. Jean F. Queralt, The IO Foundation
– Decentralized storage for personal data: goals and requirements. Alexander Kuprin, MidHub & Alexander Partin, Private Practice
–Virtual Finland – a first cross-border data space built on MyData.
Pirkka Frosti, CEO, IOXIO / Virtual Finland
|Smart cities enablers||The Netherlands Hub Meetup|
|Host: Karolina Mackiewicz|
H3C project manager, MyData Global
|Host: Marlies Rikken|
Productmanager Trust & Identity, SURF
*This session is held in Dutch.
|Data Spaces ad Personal Data|
|Host: Paul Theyskens|
Co-founder, MyData Brussels Hub,
Business Archiect, Datamixer
|Casual Networking||1-1 speed networking (10min)|
|In the fluid space, start a conversation with someone near you.||Pair randomly, participants can extend 10 min|
The second block: Americas & Europe Focus
|First block highlights + Keynote|
|Privacy 2.0: A Post-Compliance Era of Profitable Privacy Practices|
Joe Toscano, Mach 9
|Human friendly privacy policies||Global regulations on data governance|
|Designing privacy policies that people actually read and understand.|
– Host: Tarmo Toikkanen, Forum Virium Helsinki
– Piia Hanhirova, Forum Virium Helsinki
– Paula Bello, MyData Global
– Arianna Rossi, University of Luxemburg
– Mika Leivo, Helsinki
– Eva Leppänen, Arctic Machine (Infotripla)
– Jarno Ritari, Arctic Machine (Infotripla)
*This session is hosted by Forum Virium Helsinki.
|Data Governance form the Global South|
– Host: Dr Luca Belli, FGV Law School
– Dr Alison Gillwald, Research ICT Africa
– Mishi Choudhary, Software Freedom Law Center India, SFLC.in
– Wei Wang, FGV Law School (CyberBRICS Project)
|Children’s data rights and design||Collective governance of data|
|MyData4Children: A deep-dive into mIKs-it, the first MyData Operator for Children|
– Paula Bello, MyData4Children Lead
– Gülsen Guller, MyData Literacy Lead
– Steven Vosloo, UNICEF representative
– Katryna Dow, Meeco CEO & Founder (MyData Operator)
– Erik Van Acker, Heder
– Gaby Pereira Martins, Heder and “Mother of mIKs-it”
|Host: Sille Sepp, MyData Global|
– Shared governance of data and PETs
Matthew Prewitt & Jack Henderson, RadicalxChange Foundation
– Building shared momentum on personal data empowerment.
Paul-Olivier Dehaye, Hestia.ai
|Keynote + conference highlights|
|Host: Sille Sepp, MyData Global|
The data delusion: protecting individual data isn’t enough when the harm is collective.
Martin Tisné, Luminate
Jeni Tennison, Connected by Data
Support our community works
MyData Global ry is collecting donations to advance our community works and core operations. Our mission is to empower individuals by improving their right to self-determination regarding their personal data.
Your donations will be used to support:
– MyData Global’s membership activities (coordination and development activities of working groups and communication)
– Organization of online and face-to-face events
– MyData Global ry’s normal fixed costs (such as office rent, software costs)
Disclaimer: MyData Global ry is a registered non-profit association. Business ID: 2971224-7. Small-scale money collection number is RA/2022/1443.
Open call for pitches at MyData Online 2022
We welcome the global MyData community to present a 5-min pitch that focuses on practical examples of ethical use of personal data, such as business practices, use cases, initiatives, or new projects.
Who can apply: any team, organisation, or individual
When is the pitch session: Oct 27, 2022 / 09:00-10:00 UTC+0
Open call ended on Oct 12. Sixteen teams will pitch at the conference.
Call for partnership
We are looking for a few more partners to contribute to making the event successful.
email: teemu at mydata.org!
We’d like to thank The IO Foundation, Forum Virium Helsinki / smashHit project, the H3C project / Helsinki Uusimaa Regional Council, and Hestia.ai for their dedicated support to make the MyData 2022 Online happen!
Conference contact person:
Julia H. Liao
email: julia at mydata.org